My mom is, and has always been, one of my biggest supporters of my vegetarian and now vegan lifestyle. Basically, she's awesome. While she was out shopping yesterday, she was at TJ Maxx and she found a fancy vegan handbag by Urban Expressions.
Naturally, she was so excited when she found it she texted me right away to see if I wanted it, which of course, I did. Not that I need anymore handbags, but I'm a woman, so naturally I can't ever have enough. She stopped by on her way home to drop it off to me, and I just love it.
Here's what I really love about this bag:
1) I absolutely love that this brand is vegan certified not once, but twice. by Peta and Vegan.org. This is my first bag that's like officially certified to be vegan. Of course I don't own any real animal skin bags, but I really love that this one is certified. It makes it that much more special to me.
2) The material is so soft and would fool ANYONE into thinking it's real animal skin. I'm not sure why anyone would want real animal skin, however, if that's your sort of thing you'll be thrilled.
3) The craftsmanship is really fantastic. The stitching is neat and well done.
4) The design of the bag is simple, but still very trendy and fashion forward. Like I feel fancy owning it lol.
5) It's a really pretty shade of gray. Gray, like black, is one of those colors that goes with everything. So I'll definitely get a lot of use out of it.
6) It comes with a removable shoulder strap in case you want to use that instead of the handles.
7) I love that it's a zip closure bag because that's way more secure than button closure bags.
8) There's a zipper compartment inside, as well as a pouch.
9) There's a really pretty, elegant, and feminine floral design on the inside of the bag that really adds a lot of flair.
10) While the retail price is high ($110), my mom got me this bag for only $34.99 at TJ Maxx and you can't get a better deal than that!
Since I'm totally in love with this bag, I went on the Urban Expressions website to check out their other products, and to get some more details on the brand. They have a variety of different types of bags, backpacks, clutches, wallets, and even some faux leather bracelets! They offer most of their products in a few different colors. Their products are named after women's names, so I was excited to see they offer an Ashley bag in purple! They offer such a wide variety that you'll absolutely be able to find something you like!
This brand was started in 2005 by two high school friends named Farbod Shakouri and Kyle Vojdani. They used Poly Urethane (PU) to create their bags instead of Poly Vinyl Chloride (PVC). According to the website, which I did not know, PU has a natural leather-like material and PVC requires harsh chemicals to soften it. While PU is biodegradable (PVC is not), PU is a better quality and more durable material than PVC. So it sounds like using PU vs. PVC is better for Mother Nature and for ourselves, which was super interesting to learn. These bags prove that you can still be fancy without harming animals and harming the environment.
I absolutely love what this company is all about and adore their products. Their bags are expensive yes, but not nearly as expensive as a gross leather Prada bag! Check out your local TJ Maxx and hopefully you'll be able to find some Urban Expressions products. If you do, I would love to see what you find!