In my PetitVour September box, I received this MSC Skin Care + Home Grapefruit & Spearmint Organic Scrub.
I was so excited to try it, because I love sugar scrubs. Now that it's cooler out, and colder weather is coming, sugar scrubs are essential. I use them all over my entire body, and especially on my hands. I use them constantly on my hands. My hands dry out so crazy fast that the best way to prevent them from getting to the point where they crack and bleed is to use a scrub a few times a week to get the dead skin off, and apply a moisturizer right after.
I recommend using these two products in tandem:
When it comes to scrubs, it's my opinion that you need more than just lotion afterwards. You need something thicker, something with staying power, and something that's gentle enough to not agitate your skin after all that scrubbing. I've been using the MSC scrub with my Fanciful Fox Overnight Skin Therapy and I definitely notice a difference. The OST is my go to for the colder months. Combine that with any scrub, you got a winning combo!
I don't like salt scrubs much because they sting so bad. Even though I have one I do like, sugar scrubs, in my opinion, provide better and also gentler exfoliation. Let's focus on the pros and cons of this brand of sugar scrub:
Here's the pros:
1) It's a thick sugar scrub, that's more sugar than anything else. You know how some scrubs are more liquidy with just a few granules of sugar? This one is chock full of big sugar crystals. So, you can really feel the exfoliation.
2) Adding onto #1, even though you can really feel the exfoliation, it's actually surprisingly gentle. I have sensitive skin, and I had no issues or reactions with it. My skin didn't feel raw or rough afterwards. It just felt smooth.
3) With some scrubs, you get a very oily residue on your skin afterwards. All the moisture they pack in some scrubs just sits on your skin, rather than being absorbed. Not this one. This one truly does moisturize without leaving any gross feelings on your skin, thanks to the shea butter!
4) Adding onto #3, this stuff doesn't leave your tub slippery either!
5) They have very simple and basic ingredients. No chemicals and no junky fillers!
Now for the cons:
1) My only complaint is the smell. It's supposed to be spearmint and grapefruit, and all I smell is spearmint. Now that it smells bad, it just doesn't smell like what I thought it would smell like. The grapefruit totally gets lost.
2) The price is kind of high. $33 for a 10.5 oz jar seems kind of steep. But, you do get what you pay for!
Fortunately, on their website they have other scents like vanilla, sandalwood and cinnamon, and lavender and lemongrass. So there's a scent for everyone! I wish they offered different sizes for different prices. Or they had a sample set with all of the scents so you could try them all before you bought the full size ones. Overall, this product does exactly what it should. Enjoy!