I had been looking for a face cleansing brush for awhile before trying this one out. I used the Konjac sponge before that I purchase from Target and I liked it but I feel like it didn't exfoliate my face enough. This time of year, most people suffer from dry skin because of the drier and colder weather, and exfoliation is the key to not only making your makeup application look better, but also by removing all that dead skin so fresh skin can surface.
Here's my thoughts on this brush...
1) It's so soft and gentle. It's not abrasive at all. My face isn't red, irritated, or raw after using it. It's so gentle that you can even use it around your delicate eye area, while being cautious not to get it in your eyes, of course.
2) It's made with antibacterial synthetic fibers, so you can feel confident that it's clean with each use.
3) The wood handle is sturdy, and it's shaped in a way that makes it easy for your hand to hold while using it.
4) It has a string attached on the end of it so you can hang it up after using it to allow it to air dry. I have a hook I was using for my loofah before I got my shower cady that I hang mine on now. It's perfect because any water that drips from the brush goes right into the bathtub, so there's no clean up. And, I have my hook out of reach from the shower head so that if my husband is showering, he won't get the brush wet.
5) This brush is very dense, and there hasn't been any fall out of the fibers since I've been using it, so I assume it will hold up well. I have seen other reviews that people had a bunch of bristles fall out or even that the whole brush itself fell out. I think, like most items, you get a few bad eggs in a batch. Nothing's perfect, ya know? So far for mine, I haven't had any problems.
6) It provides a *GENTLE* exfoliation. So, if you're someone like me that likes to exfoliate but has to be careful with what you use on your face, you will like this. I can feel that it exfoliates my face because my face is really soft and smooth after using it. It doesn't provide an extreme exfoliation, so if that's what you're looking for, you might want to look for a different brush.
7) Using this makes my face feel cleaner than just using hands alone. I just use small circular motions around my face, and that's all it takes to notice a difference! Plus, it's like a mini face massage each time I use it, so that's pretty awesome.
8) You only need a drop of face wash when washing your face because this brush really lathers and foams your wash so well. This will in turn make your face wash last longer, which is an added bonus! I took some pictures so you could see:
My only real complaint is that because this brush lathers so well, it's hard to get all of your face wash out of the brush when you're done washing your face. I guess that's not a huge deal considering you're only going to put more face wash on the brush next time you use it, but I felt it worth mentioning. And, because the brush is so dense, it holds a lot of water. I squeeze it out gently after each use before I hang it up to dry, but it takes me a 2-3 squeeze just so that it's not dripping wet.
Overall, I think it was an awesome purchase for $10. I can't say that I would purchase this, or any face brush, for $21 which is its original price because I think that's a bit high. But it you can manage to snag this on sale, I would recommend it. 100% Pure does Daily Deals where they offer something each day for $15, so if you see it in there, definitely pick it up.
Happy Saturday everyone!